Last Revised: October 19th, 2015
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected through the Website;
- Who collects such information;
- How such information is used;
- With whom your information may be shared;
- What choices you have regarding collection, use and distribution of your information;
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control; and
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information.
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to Medal Sports by contacting us.
What Information We Collect
Medal Sports may collect the following types of information from or about you through the Website: (i) personally identifiable information, including, but not limited to, your name, address, email address, gender, phone number, birthdate, Social Security Number, government identification number, driver’s license number, interests and similar information (“Personal Information”); and (ii) information that does not directly identify you by itself, such as your internet protocol address, unique identifier, browser type, internet service provider, equipment, cookie information, web beacon information, frequency of Website visits, pages requested, clicks, impressions, header data, interaction data, transaction data, and the like (“Browsing Information”).
How We Collect Information
We collect Personal Information and Browsing Information directly from you when you provide it to us, such as the following ways:
- Registrations for any product, service, or event on our Website;
- Subscriptions or purchases to receive one of our products or services;
- Registrations to receive email subscription and/or e-newsletters;
- Submission of a contact request or customer service request;
- Submission of a product or service review or rating
- Inquiries regarding products, assembly manuals, or replacements parts;
- Registrations for membership accounts or profiles;
- Report a problem with our Website;
- Responses to surveys available on the Website or through email communications;
- Posts of materials, content or reviews;
- Requests for further services;
- Participation in contests or sweepstakes; and
- Correspondence with us via e-mail transmitted on our Website or otherwise.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect Browsing Information or other information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including details of your visits to our Website, including:
- traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We may also collect this information automatically as you navigate through the Website and from third parties, for example, our service providers and business partners. We may associate information we collect with Personal Information or Browsing Information that we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include (but are not limited to):
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may be able to refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs).
Third Party Services
Do Not Track
How We Use and Disclose Information
Medal Sports, its affiliates, vendors, service providers, and third party partners may use your Personal Information and Browsing Information to present our Website and its contents to you, to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or to which you consent, to process and fulfill orders, ship and confirm orders or event registrations, provide customer service, update membership account and profile information, administer contests and sweepstakes, improve your Website experience, forward promotional emails and postal mail, forward updates and announcements, and communicate with you about the Website, contests and sweepstakes, and the products and services of Medal Sports and its affiliates.
- Requested Emails: You authorize Medal Sports, its affiliates, vendors, service providers, and third party partners to transmit email to you to respond to your questions or use or access of our products or services. In addition, if you have an account or profile or sign up to receive email communications, you agree that Medal Sports is authorized to send you announcements, updates and informational and promotional emails and postal mail from Medal Sports. If you participate in contests or sweepstakes, you agree that Medal Sports, its affiliates, vendors, and third party partners are authorized to contact prospective winners by telephone and send information, documents and prizes to you by email or postal mail, as provided in the applicable rules. Unsubscribe instructions are included in each promotional email.
- Service Providers: We may disclose Personal Information or Browsing Information to third parties that we may hire to perform services on our behalf. We may share Personal Information, Browsing Information, and other non-personal information with our service providers, shippers, vendors, advertisers, consultants, franchisees and affiliates for our internal business purposes, Website analysis or administration, communications with you, order payment and fulfillment, order delivery, marketing or similar activities.
- Legal and Safety Reasons: Medal Sports may disclose Personal Information or Browsing Information as required by applicable law or as necessary or advisable to: (a) protect Medal Sports’ rights, safety or property or the rights, safety or property of others; (b) enforce the Terms; (c) respond to your orders or requests for customer service or other information; (d) comply with legal process or cooperate with law enforcement or governmental requests; (e) investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, fraud or potential threats, or exercise legal rights or defend against claims; or (f) comply with or as permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
- Major Transactions: Medal Sports reserves the right to transfer any and all information, including without limitation Personal Information or Browsing Information, collected from Website users to an affiliate or third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our business or operations (including without limitation in connection with bankruptcy or any similar proceedings).
Medal Sports may combine Personal Information and Browsing Information collected through the Website with information available from other sources (such as offline records or publicly available information). When it directly identifies you, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
Security of Your Personal Information
Medal Sports uses what it believes to be commercially reasonable administrative, physical and electronic security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your Personal Information.
No transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of Medal Sports to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect Personal Information, neither Medal Sports nor our service providers can ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet. Any such transmission is done at your own risk.
Children and Privacy
Medal Sports and the Website do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18. If you are under age 13, you are not permitted to use the Website or to submit any Personal Information to the Website. If we become aware that a Website user is under age 18 and has provided Personal Information, we will take steps to remove his or her Personal Information from our files. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have inadvertently collected personal information from your child, please notify us immediately by sending an email to email@example.com.
Third Party Posts and Links
You are responsible for keeping your Personal Information current. You may update your Personal Information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving certain communications from Medal Sports by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link in any promotional email you receive from us and follow the "Unsubscribe" instructions, or contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that such requests may take up to ten (10) days to become effective. You may not opt out of receiving communications regarding your purchases, your dealings with the Website, or technical information about the Website.
Notice of Privacy Rights of California Residents
If you are a California resident and have provided personal information to Medal Sports, you are entitled by law to request certain information regarding any disclosure that may have been made by Medal Sports to third parties of personal information for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying that you seek your "California Customer Choice Privacy Notice." Please allow thirty (30) days for a response. Medal Sports is required to respond to only one request per customer each year, and is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the above email address.
We will not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes if you request that we do not do so. You may make such a request by sending us an email at email@example.com or by mailing your request to:
7F, No. 20, 1st Section Heping West Road, Taipei, Taiwan 10078
When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what personal information you do not want us to share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your Personal Information or for processing this request.
7F, No. 20, 1st Section Heping West Road, Taipei, Taiwan 10078
Please note that email communications may not be secure. Accordingly, you should not include personal or other sensitive information in your email correspondence to Medal Sports.